Subscribe to the new Arcadia
Newsletter.Be informed of new
products release and company
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE.
1. Application of Conditions.
Notwithstanding anything which may be contained in any purchase order or other document of the Buyer, goods and services ("Goods") are supplied subject to these conditions alone. By ordering Goods from the Seller the Buyer will be deemed to have accepted that these conditions take precedence over all other either submitted by the Buyer or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing unless expressly agreed to in writing by the Seller and signed by a Director or the Secretary of the Company.
The Seller shall make every effort to maintain prices quoted but reserves the right to amend these without prior notice in the event of fluctuations in the cost of raw materials, labour, carriage, overheads, etc or increase in or imposition of duty or taxes, or variance in exchange rates or other adverse trading conditions.
3. Terms of Business.
- Payment. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment in full is due in respect of Goods delivered without deduction or set off.- Settlement. Unless otherwise stated accounts are due for payment by the end of the month following invoice date. Interest is payable on all overdue accounts at the rate of 15% per annum from the due date. Failure to pay in accordance with these terms will result in the Seller instructing a third party to obtain settlement and costs incurredthereby shall be charged to the Buyer. These terms or any revised terms as to the time of payment shall be deemed to be of the essence of the Contract.- If facts come to our knowledge which, in the light of due consideration, give rise to justified doubts regarding the customer's solvency, we shall be entitled to make at once payable all claims arising from our business relation, including those for which the term of payment has been extended or for which we have taken bills of exchange in lieu of payment. In such cases we shall be entitled to make any deliveries or render services as yet outstanding only against prepayment or adequate security.
All dates quoted for either despatch or ultimate delivery by the Seller are as estimates only and are not to be of the essence of the Contract. Therefore the Seller shall not be liable for the consequences of any delay in fulfilling the Buyers's order howsoever caused. The Buyer shall nevertheless be bound to accept the Goods ordered when available in the case of non-standard items.- For non standard items, the quantities delivered may vary by 5% either way, and the goods will be invoiced accordingly.- The seller will have the option to deliver call off orders 3 months after their being accepted.- Orders accepted by the Company cannot be countermanded, shipments deferred or goods returned except with the consent of the Company and upon terms that will indemnify the Company against all loss, including the profit on the customer's order or any part of it which is cancelled.
Unless otherwise specified all prices quoted include the cost of packing and delivery within the mainland except where subject to our current small order delivery charge. All other destinations shall be delivered to nearest port FOB.
The Buyer must rely entirely on his own skill and judgement as to the suitability of all Goods supplied for any particular purpose or for use under any specific conditions.
7. Title of Goods & Risk.
Although Goods supplied by the Seller shall be at the Buyer's risk immediately upon delivery (and the Buyer should be insured accordingly) the property in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until all Goods of the Seller's have been paid for in full. Until such payment the Buyer shall have possession of the Goods as Bailee for the Seller and if such payment is overdue in whole or part the Seller may recover or resell the Goods or any of them and the Buyer hereby grants the Seller an irrevocable right and licence to enter upon it's premises for such purposes. If the Goods are incorporated in other Goods, before full payment, the property in the whole of such other Goods shall be transferred. Nothing in this clause shall prejudice the Seller's other rights.
Goods rejected by the Buyer as not complying with the Contract must be advised within seven days of receipt.
9. Errors in Shipment and Goods lost or damaged.
All claims in respect of errors and/or discrepancies in delivery or for loss and/or damage to a consignment or part thereof must be notified in writing within 3 days of delivery in the UK to both the Seller and the Carrier and Goods must be retained intact for 14 days pending inspection where required. In case of nondelivery of a entire consignment notice must be given in writing to the Seller within 10 days of receipt of the Invoice or Advice of Despatch.
10. Defects after Delivery and Liability.
The Seller will make good, by repair or at our option by the provision of replacements, defects which under proper use appear in the Goods within 12 Months of delivery and are solely due to poor materials or workmanship. We reserve the right to request the return of alleged defective Goods for inspection if required. It is understood by the Buyer that the Seller's liability in respect of defective or otherwise unmerchantable Goods shall not at any time extend beyond the actual price paid for such Goods; in particular the Seller shall not be liable for any damage to property, nor any consequential loss of whatsoever nature, howsoever caused, arising out of any defect in the Goods or from their failure to correspond to any description or representation, or for their unsuitability for any purpose.
11. Return of Goods.
Should for any reason whatsoever the Buyer wish to return any Goods to the Seller the Buyer must give notice in writing to the Seller with details of description, quantity, number of parcels and gross weight together withreason or reasons for requested return. The Seller shall, at our option, either issue collection instructions to our carrier or request the Buyer to return the Goods carriage paid. In the latter instance should the Goods prove to be defective in worksmanship, quality, or merchantability, the Seller shall refund the cost of carriage on such defective Goods at the Seller's discretion. All Goods returned should be adequately packed and marked 'Fragile' etc where applicable and will travel at the risk of the Buyer. At no time shall the Buyer return any Goods whatsoever without the Seller's prior knowledge and agreement.
12. Should delivery of any of the Goods sold be prevented or delayed by happenings or occurrences directly or indirectly due to force majeure or any circumstances whatsoever beyond the control of the Seller, we reserve the right tocancel or suspend deliveries without any liability of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused to the Buyer.
The Seller does not give any warranty that the Goods will be free from any claim of any third party by way of infringement of Letters Patent, Registered Design, Trade Mark or Copyright. Where Goods are supplied in accordance to the Buyer's specifications, design or instructions the Seller must be indemnified by the Buyer that no Letters Patent, Registered Design, Trade Mark or Copyright shall be infringed as a result.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all moulds, tools, formers, stereos and the like, whether charged for separately or included in the quoted price, will remain the property of the Sellers.
All Specifications are correct at time of printing but due to the Company's policy of constant review and improvement the Company reserves the right to alter any or all-of it's Specifications without prior notice.
The Contract shall be governed and construed by the Law of England.